Saturday, January 10, 2009

memories of old ladies...

Just so you know, when I told the hubby all about the brouhaha in the food store he laughed his head off! I am so thankful that we are on the same page about her "eccentricities", it would be awful if he was a Mamma's boy! She has not liked me since we met....I'm too fat, too loud, and I don't kiss her ass. She made it clear when she handed over the photo album she'd made for Rick, "No pictures are to be added or removed from this album." she intoned. I saw why when I noticed that the last pictures in the album were of Rick and his high school girlfriend at prom (tiara and all). I have never been jealous, or very interested in his previous girlfriends, and this one looked like a spinster librarian! I have always felt that he was very lucky to have met and married me, I am the total opposite of his mother. Also where he is more reserved, I am outgoing. We are both ordinary people with quirks, flaws, and strengths. While he has never told me I am pretty, he is accepting of my physical flaws....unlike his grandmother! We were dating and apparently he felt the need to be totally honest with me so he told me what she had said when he said we were engaged, "You don't have to settle for her, she has deformities." (I have a birthmark which is well covered, and a prosthetic eye) That old battle-ax ended up out on her ass when his parents moved to another state, she had to move in with her equally old sister, way out in the country. We visited her with our baby boy and we were there for her when she had a stroke and died 8 weeks later. (Wow, I really AM a bitch!!!) And she never did like me or appreciate that I am a good person. And here I am now with HER daughter-in-law....who swears she will never move in with us as she suffered that horror with HER M-I-L! Well, she needn't worry...she'll never be in my house ever again. I'll have to tell the story of her visit here soon after we moved her back to Illinois....another nightmare based on her negative imagination!

1 comment:

  1. "I'm too fat, too loud, and I don't kiss her ass."
    You're too harsh on yourself. You're not too loud.

    ReplyDelete